Frisco Fence Company
Serving Homeowners in Frisco Since 2003
Fence Makeovers is proud to have served the families of Frisco with their fence restoration, repair, maintenance, and installation needs for over 20 years. Being a full-service fence company, taking care of all the fence problems is what we do best! Neglecting the fence can be costly in the long run so having a professional fence company look at the fence every two to three years will help keep it in top form. Our showroom in Richardson is open to the public as well as for fence contractors. Stop by and take a look at our display of fence material as well as custom fence stains.
Fence Makeovers strive to make every experience extremely professional and customizing each project to the homeowners request. Our mission is to provide uncompromising craftsmanship at an affordable price. We are insured, bonded and members of the Plano Chamber of commerce.
An A+ BBB rating since 2004 with an excellent standing and No complaints.
Our team of estimators will be happy to come to your home in Frisco and walk the property with you. Here is where the estimators will ask several questions to understand exactly what kind of service your fence needs. The estimates always Free, they are written and good for 30 days. When the fence project is ready to be crossed off the list, our team of professionals will be ready to get it done!
Sec. 18-483 General Requirements
- No fence material shall be used to construct a fence except for those listed and regulated in this chapter or other city ordinances.
- Fence sections essentially parallel with a public street shall have their back side (the side with the exposed posts and rails) oriented to the interior of the residential lot to minimize their exposure to the public. Exception: Posts and rails may be oriented to the exterior of the residence when concealed within construction that is consistent with and complementary to the construction of the fence. Visual depictions of construction shall be required for review of appearance prior to issuance of a permit.
- No fence shall be erected on public right-of-way, within any drainage easement, or Visibility, Access & Maintenance Easements unless otherwise authorized by the Director of Engineering Services.
Sec. 18-484 Residential Zoning District Regulations.
These sections (18-484-18-484.8) shall apply in all residential zoning districts within the city.
Sec. 18-484.1 Height Limitation.
- Rear yard. It is unlawful for any person to construct, erect, maintain, suffer, or permit a fence in any rear yard or along any rear yard lot line which fence exceeds eight (8’) feet in height as defined in subsection 18-484.8. Decorative gate embellishments are allowed. They shall not exceed the height of the fence by more than two (2’) feet.
- Side yard. It is unlawful for any person to construct, erect, maintain, suffer, or permit a fence in any side yard or along any side yard lot line which fence exceeds eight (8’) feet in height as defined in subsection 18-484.8.
Sec. 18-484.2 Construction in front yards.
A. All fences constructed in the front yard of a residential property shall:
1. Be no taller in height than forty-eight (48”) inches as defined in
2. Allow minimum fifty (50%) percent opacity.
- Not impede the vision triangle.
- Not allow vertical support posts and gates to extend more than four(4”) inches above the top of the fence intersection.
B. Decorative Gates. A decorative gate over four (4’) feet in height in the front yard requires the approval of the Chief Building Officials or designee.
C. Key Lots. There are special restrictions for fences on key lots.
- Refer to Figure 1 along with the definition in the definitions section for an explanation of a key.
- A fence, that is more than 50% opaque and constructed of tubular steel or wrought iron and not exceeding eight (8) feet in height, may be located up to five (5) feet from the property line of the side of the house on a key lot.
- A solid fence, not exceeding eight (8) feet in height, may be located at the setback line (front yard setback shall be used for key lots) as defined by Zoning Ordinance as it is currently written or may be amended. It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure proper setbacks are maintained.
Sec. 18-484.5 The following types of fences are prohibited in a residential district. It is unlawful for any person to erect, maintain, or permit a fence that;
- Is electrically charged in any manner, except single-strand wires designed to conduct electricity through an approved low-voltage regulator shall be allowed along the fence’s interior for the purposes of securing pets within a fenced yard.
- Has barbed wire in or on it.
- Has concertina wire in or on it.
- Has razor wire in or on it.
- Has in it or on it barbs, projections, broken glass, or anything reasonablycapable of causing harm to persons or animals.
Sec.18-484.6 Perimeter Walls
Where a fence intersects a screening wall and the height of the fence exceeds the height of the screening wall, the height of the fence shall transition to the height of the screening wall over a distance of twenty (20’) feet.
Exception: The Chief Building Official may make exceptions to the twenty (20’) feet transition where terrain and lot orientation does not allow for an orderly transition. Visual depictions of construction shall be required for review prior to issuance of a permit.
Get a Free Estimate
Fence Makeovers estimators are available Mon–Fri • 9am–5pm
Fill out the form below or call 972-769-2555 for your FREE estimate.
"*" indicates required fields
Frisco Fence Company Offers 2 Types of Wood Fences
A cedar fence is the best option when repairing or replacing the fence. Our premium cedar fence options offers the style, strength, durability, and the best value. Most would assume that a cedar fence would be costly and outside their budget yet when our estimators walk through the property they soon find out it is more economical to install a cedar fence. Value, quality and durability is the best option for fences.
Pressure Treated Pine Fences
Pressure-treated pine is a more budget friendly option yet for long term is highly not recommended! The pine wood tends to warp more quickly, rot faster and doesn’t stain as well as cedar wood. Most builders install pine fences because it is cheaper for them. Maintenance is much higher for a pine fence. At Fence Makeovers we do not recommend a pine fence. Price wise cedar is not much more than pine so for longevity and less maintenance our recommendation is cedar wood fence. Fence Makeovers has the ability to install a pine fence on your property just ask our estimators.
Fence Post Options
Metal fence posts are the stronger, longer lasting, and less burdensome option we offer for fence installation. The beauty of a metal fence post is that under normal circumstances they will last for 25+ years. While they have a little more upfront cost, their durability and strength will pay for themselves very quickly.
Wood posts offer a consistent appearance for your fence a installation project. Because they are wood, that makes the posts more susceptible to rotting, graying like the fence as well as warping. Replacement costs will happen more frequently than the metal posts.
Fence Construction Methods
Tall Privacy Fences
If privacy or security is your highest concern for a fence, there are several options to choose from. With a cedar fence, options are:
- Board on board
- Horizontal fence
- Single panel
- Adding Trim to top of fence
- Decorative Caps on top of the fence
Depending on the HOA and city ordinances, height will play a factor in the fence style. Let Fence Makeovers help choose the right height and style of fence for your backyard enjoyment. Our team of estimators knows what cities will allow and what they won’t. We will also file for the permit if needed!
Horizontal fences are becoming a popular choice for homes in the Frisco area. With a unique curb appeal, this stylish fence solution helps your backyard to feel more open and spacious than a standard vertical fence. Our estimator can help you understand the differences in vertical vs horizontal fences, and even provide rendering options of these different fences so you can decide on the best option for your home and neighborhood. With a written rendering as well as picture of the fence style vertical or horizontal all you have to do is submit to your HOA for approval.
Traditional Vertical Fence
The traditional vertical fence design is the most common style of fence which most neighborhoods have when the home was built by the builder. Many HOAs require a certain type of fence determined in the bylaws. Having a traditional style is more affordable and highly customizable for a beautiful yet durable fence solution. This option is perfect for those who are on a limited budget or may just be looking to have a new fence installed. Many landlords recommend this type of fence to help maintain their rental properties.
Fence Add-On Options
We offer several add-on options to further enhance the beauty of a new fence installation or upgrade the existing fence for your home in Frisco.
The trim on the fence will cover the tops of the dog eared pickets with a piece of trim on each side or one side of the fence.
A cap board top is often a 2×4 rail that sits on top of the fence, flattening the fence’s upper profile into a straight line.
A kickboard is a piece of wood that’s placed on the bottom of a fence and is just above the ground.
Frisco Fence Repair, Installation, and Staining Solutions
Fence Repair & Maintenance
Many factors contribute to the longevity of the fence on your property. That includes regular maintenance and cleaning, the quality of the wood and posts, and the weather conditions the materials are exposed to. Since 2003, we have seen fences in all conditions across Frisco so when you call our experts, we have the experience to know how to repair and restore your fence to make it more beautiful.
“Don’t Pay More Just Restore”
is our slogan! Let Fence Makeovers help restore your fence today!
Needed Fence Repair Signs:
- Leaning post or fence sections
- Broken post at or below ground level
- Panels that have become detached from the post
Posts, pickets or nails that are deteriorated
- Fence Gates that don’t close properly
Fence Installation Services
Trust the expert team at Fence Makeovers to help you with your Frisco home’s fence installation needs. We’ve helped homeowners all across Frisco to build beautiful, custom fences that last for years to come. Each fence is custom-built to your specifications and can provide you with computer-generated renderings of your new fence for submission to HOA boards, showing family members, visualizing colors, and understanding just how great your fence is going to look! We can also help you with custom walk-thru gate solutions.
Fence Staining & Sealing
The basic, vertical fence design is what a lot of homeowners opt for and many HOAs require. This traditional style is more affordable and highly customizable for a beautiful and durable fence solution. This option is perfect for those just looking to have a new fence installed and landlords looking to maintain a fence solution for their rental properties.
Not quite sure about colors? Come visit our showroom in Richardson to see the colors in person and learn more about our superior fence staining products.
Fence Makovers Fence Oil Stain Color Options
Fence Makeovers Fence Solid Latex Stain Color Options
Custom Fence Stain Colors
Custom fence stain colors are available in both the latex stain and solid oil stain for an additional cost
*Due to differences in screen resolutions as well as printer inks, Please DO NOT rely on these sample colors for color matching
Come see for yourself!
Fence Makeovers Showroom
Our Fence Makeovers Showroom in Richardson, Texas offers several products on display as well as for purchase. Now may be the perfect time to consider stopping by our fence makeovers showroom and speak with one of our specialists to answer any questions you might have. If your looking for the best solid stain products or the best oil stain products for your pine wood fence or cedar fence we have them in our showroom.
Take Highway 75 North to the Arapaho Rd exit. Travel approximately 1/2 mile and we are located on the east side of the service road just before Gold Star Appliance.
Take Highway 75 South to the Beltline Rd exit. Continue to beltline road and stay in the left lane to go under the overpass. Once your on the service road on the east side of Highway 75 travel approximately 1 mile and we are located on the east side of the service road just before Gold Star Appliance.