Serving Homeowners in Plano Since 2003
Our Plano fence company – Fence Makeovers is proud to have served the families of Plano with their fence restoration, repair, maintenance, and installation needs for over 20 years. Being a full-service fence company, taking care of all the fence problems is what we do best! Neglecting the fence can be costly in the long run so having a professional fence company look at the fence every two to three years will help keep it in top form. Our showroom in Richardson is open to the public as well as for fence contractors. Stop by and take a look at our display of fence material as well as custom fence stains.
Fence Makeovers strive to make every experience extremely professional and customizing each project to the homeowners request. Our mission is to provide uncompromising craftsmanship at an affordable price. We are insured, bonded and members of the Plano Chamber of commerce.
An A+ BBB rating since 2004 with an excellent standing and No complaints.
Our team of estimators will be happy to come to your home in Plano and walk the property with you. Here is where the estimators will ask several questions to understand exactly what kind of service your fence needs. The estimates always Free, they are written and good for 30 days. When the fence project is ready to be crossed off the list, our team of professionals will be ready to get it done!
Worried if you will find the right Plano fence company?
Check out our Plano Fence Company reviews on Google here Although we are not perfect our customer service is second to none! Give us a call and experience the best customer service for a fence company in DFW area! We answer our phones, even when a message is left, the office always returns calls!
City Of Plano Fence Requirements:
- The maximum height of a fence shall not exceed 8’-0”.
- The maximum height of a fence in the required front yard shall not exceed 40” in height and shall be at least 50% open.
- Fences enclosing corner lot properties must comply with sight visibility clips.
- Fences enclosing pool/spa are subject to special requirements. (Refer to information sheet on swimming pool/spa).
- A footing inspection (if applicable) and final fence inspection are required. The permit holder is responsible for requesting required inspections.
- A permit is not required for alterations, or changes if repairs do not exceed 25% of the area of the fence over a 12-month period. Does not include adding linear feet to existing fences.
- A permit is not required for retaining walls which are not over 4’ in height measured from the ground/grade to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge or impounding class 1, 11, 111-A liquids.
- When installing a new fence parallel to and within three feet of an existing fence on the same lot, the existing fence shall be removed.
- Fence Ordinance # 97-4-12, “Section 6-186 Maintenance”.
- Products manufactured for other uses as plywood, corrugated steel, barbed wire or fiberglass panels are prohibited as allowed fencing materials
- Please contact Homeowner’s Association for additional requirements from Deed Restrictions and Covenants.
All fences with an Estate Development district shall comply with the following standards:
- Fences within the front yard setback shall be no more than 48 inches in height. Combinations of berms and fences shall not exceed 48 inches in height.
- Fences within the front yard setback shall be horizontal rail or vertical wrought iron with or without masonry columns.
- All fencing shall be at least 50% see-through, except that required for enclosing swimming pools.
- No farm or rural fencing (such as barbed-wire) shall be used. Smooth, non-climbable 2” x 4” Mesh on metal posts will be acceptable behind the building line.
- Solid type or stockade fencing or walls shall not be constructed on property lines.
All fences in the General Residential district shall comply with the following standards:
- Fences greater than 40 inches in height shall be set back a minimum of ten (10) feet from the front of a structure and shall be no taller than six (6) feet.
- On any corner lot, no fence shall be erected or maintained in such a manner as to obstruct or interfere with a clear line of sight for the drivers of approaching motor vehicles within a triangular area formed by extending the two curb lines a distance of 45 feet from their point of intersection, and connecting these points with an imaginary line, thereby making a triangle. *If there are no curbs existing, triangular area shall be formed by extending the property lines a distance of 30 feet from their point of intersection, and connecting these points with an imaginary line, thereby making a triangle.