Lewisville Fence Company Serving Homeowners in Lewisville Since 2003
Fence Makeovers is proud to have served the families of Lewisville with their fence restoration, repair, maintenance, and installation needs for over 20 years. Being a full-service fence company, taking care of all the fence problems is what we do best! Neglecting the fence can be costly in the long run so having a professional fence company look at the fence every two to three years will help keep it in top form. Our showroom in Richardson is open to the public as well as for fence contractors. Stop by and take a look at our display of fence material as well as custom fence stains.
Fence Makeovers strive to make every experience extremely professional and customizing each project to the homeowners request. Our mission is to provide uncompromising craftsmanship at an affordable price. We are insured, bonded and members of the Plano Chamber of commerce.
An A+ BBB rating since 2005 with an excellent standing and No complaints.
Our team of estimators will be happy to come to your home in Lewisville and walk the property with you. Here is where the estimators will ask several questions to understand exactly what kind of service your fence needs. The estimates always Free, they are written and good for 30 days. When the fence project is ready to be crossed off the list, our team of professionals will be ready to get it done!
- No fence shall be erected prior to submitting application for permit.
- Permits must be picked up and paid for prior to starting job.
- Two (2) sets of plans.
- Information on plans. Plans shall be drawn to scale and shall include the following:
- Building location and area to be fenced.
- Legal description of land to be fenced.
- Height of fence and type of materials to be used.
- Intersections of streets, roads, highways, alleys and driveways.
- Corner “visibility range” when required shall be shown, (see attached drawing) • 45’ corner clip on streets • 15’ corner clip on alley and street • 7.5’ corner clip on drive and alley
- Fire Hydrants – all fences must be set back three (3) feet on all sides of the fire hydrant and fire hydrant must be accessible from outside property line.
- No fence may be erected over City water line and must receive written approval before being placed over easement or utility lines.
- No fence may be constructed over a drainage easement.
- If fence work is not commenced within 60 days from date of permit, or if the authorized work is not completed or is abandoned for a period of 60 days before work can be recommenced, a new permit shall be obtained and the fee shall be one-half the amount required for such work. This is provided the elapsed time does not exceed 180 days in which case the applicant shall pay the full permit fee in order to renew the permit.
- No fence shall exceed ten (10) feet in height measured from finished grade. See the OTD Ordinance for information regarding fences in Old Town Lewisville.
- No fence shall be constructed of barbed wire except on property zoned agriculture/open space and is five (5) acres or greater in size.
- All fences shall have a minimum of one gate for emergency entry and exit. The minimum width of such gate shall be three (3) feet.
- All fences in front yards shall be only three and one half (3 ½) feet in height and fifty percent (50%) open.
- Any swimming pool or hot tub (above or in-ground) must be shown and must meet the 6-foot minimum height fence code for swimming pools.