Fence repairs on wood only. When a fence is first built the goal should be longevity and when done right a fence can last more than 10+ years. Fences are a big investment so maintaining it is worth the effort and long term savings. Every three to four years a professional Fence Company should take a look at your residential wood fence.
When the Fence Company comes out to check the fence they will look for any problems that a homeowner may not see visibly. A professional knows the biggest problems to look for as well as make any recommendations a homeowner may want to do. This can be recommendations for the homeowner do on their own or have a professional fence repair company make it look like new.
Listed below are five signs a fence will show when it’s time for repair. Don’t neglect these signs of a fence repair. It may end up costing a lot more in repairs or possibly having to replace the fence completely. Also by not paying attention to the signs of fence repair it will add stress to the entire fence structure. Adding undue stress can cause the fence to blow over from a big wind storm. This may create a stressful situation not only for you but the neighbors you share a fence with.
Call today to have a professional fence company take a look at your fence to keep it safe for you and your family.
Five signs for Fence Repairs:
- Leaning post or fence sections – this is a dangerous situation that will need immediate attention. I not attended to it could possible fall and damage the yard, children or pets.
- Broken post at or below ground level – Definitely don’t wait on this fence repair. If it is a wood post replace it with a metal post that will help the fence last longer.
- Panels that have become detached from the post – Sometime the posts are nailed in and over time the nails become loose. This usually is a simple fence repair however, be careful if the section is leaning a lot.
- Corrosion on the post, pickets, or rails – corrosion can destroy a metal fence post because water may have gotten inside the post and/or water doesn’t drain away from the post when it rains. Sitting in a pool of water can do a lot of damage to a fence.
- Fence Gates that don’t close properly – This happens over time and is a common problem with fences. The gates swings open and close several times a day, week, month and with just get worn out.
When was the last time you had a Fence Makeover?
Our fence crew can also work with your existing fence to upgrade its overall look and make it look like new. We have listed a few items to upgrade your fence.
Upgrading your fence:
- Add a Cap – This adds character and finishes off the finish to help it look updated
- Need an entrance from the side yard? Add a gate
- Add a Kickboard – This ensures the structure of the fence stays solid
- Decorative trim can be added
- Replace Wood Post With Metal – By replacing the posts to metal it will add longevity to the fence as metal does not deteriorate like wood does
- Convert a Side by Side Fence to a Board on Board Fence
After the fence repairs are completed, now would be the best time to clean and stain your fence. Call Fence Makeovers Today for a Free Estimate!
Fence Makeovers is able to do a small job fence repair as well as large fence repairs. Our minimum to perform fence repairs begins at $450.
Whether it’s a small fence repair or a big job with many fence repairs Fence Makeovers covers the Richardson, McKinney, Allen, Frisco and surrounding areas.